Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lena & Carmabelle have a chat

"Hey, Lena." I used my nickname for her as I peeped my head around Julia's bedroom door. "You there?"
"Hey there, Carmabelle!" Julia's reply came from behind her closet door. I entered Julia's room and crept across the floor to the closet.
I knocked on the walk-in closet door. "Hey, open up!"
Julia opened the closet door.
She stepped out in a ruffled pink mini. I smiled. Pink was her color.
She twirled around. "You like?"
I nodded.
She sighed, then sat down on her bed. "I'm having such a hard time picking out a dress for the dance."
I laughed, enlightened at the fact that Julia's only problem was which dress to wear to a Fall Fling.
Jules patted the spot on the bed next to her. I plopped down on it, flinging my arms out, and accidentally hitting Julia in the face. "HAHAHA!" Julia cracked up. I giggled.
"So, Carmen, what brings you to my humble abode?" Julia winked.
"School.." I looked down and mumbled.
"OOOHHHHH." Julia exclaimed. "Right, 7th grade. I remember it clearly now!"
I exhaled. "This isn't something to joke about, Julia. I'm failing and I can't even watch Glee tonight - Kirsten banned it, remember?"
Julia patted my back. "I don't think failing is all you're thinking about."
I side-ways glanced at her. "Well, maybe I do think about guys and friends a liiiiitttle biiiiit..." I backtracked.
Julia snorted. "Riiight."
"I think about Peter. A lot." I confessed.
My wise older sister stopped and thought for a moment.
"But isn't he going out with Annabeth?" She joked, poking fun with me.
I fidgeted. "Um.. he kind-of is. Thats why I came to talk to you."
Julia gaped.
"Spill, girl. Tell me everything." She cried.

-Sonali

3 comments:

  1. Is someone a fan of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? ;D

    As for Annabeth...

    Well, she can go die in a ditch for all I care. Even though she shares a name with one of the best book characters on Earth.

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that Julia was open and let you talk to her, because I know how it feels to have those feelings bottled up. I hope she can help you, because you deserve Peter more then anything in the world.

    ~B~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Older sisters are pots of gold when it comes to advice. They've already been through the stuff you're going through right now so they can give you amazing advice. Hopefully Julia will give you good, no, GREAT advice because Annabeth doesn't deserve Peter. She deserves a hole to die in. ^_~

    Untouchable Charlotte,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete