Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Beginning Of The End pt. 2

Annabeth dragged my hand up the stairs, and I turned my head back to shoot Kirsten one last pleading look before Annabeth threw me into her room.
I heard the door shut behind us. Annabeth was still gripping onto my hand, and therefore plunked me down on her bed. I looked around at her bedroom. A Glee poster of Finn Hudson hung on the ceiling above her lime green bed. The walls were a shade of off-white. A vanity table stood in front of one of the two windows. The vanity was covered in celebrity designer perfumes and MAC makeup. Annabeth plopped down on the gold-leather bar stool in front of the vanity table and begun to apply foundation on her already-flawless skin.

I crossed my hands over my chest. I awkwardly positioned myself criss-cross-applesauce on Annabeth's bed and pouted.
"So, Sonny.. What do you want to do?" Annabeth's overly large smile appeared in front of my face.
"I don't know." My voice was flat.
"I know!" Annabeth clasped her hands together and looked at me proudly. "I can give you a makeover!"
"I don't think so, Annabeth." I squinted my eyes at her.
"Puh-leeaaaase, Sonali?! I'll give you a mani-pedi, too!" Annabeth widened her glossy hazel eyes at me.
"Fine." I agreed resistantly. I didn't want to get on Annabeth's bad side just yet.

Annabeth grabbed me by the hand yet again, but this time she sat me down on the special gold-leather stool. I didn't feel comfortable being so close to Annabeth, but I continued to plaster a fake smile on my face.
"So... what color?" Annabeth smirked.
I tried my absolute hardest not to roll my eyes. "Uh, how about olive green?" My response came back in a monotone.
"Sure thing! What a pretty color." Annabeth plucked the bottle of olive green nail polish from her enormous display and unscrewed the cap.
I took a deep breath.
Just as Annabeth was about to begin painting my pinky fingernail with the polish, she drew back.
"What?" I barked.
"Uh.. can you find me a design on the internet to paint on your nails?" Annabeth said sheepishly.
The question sounded odd to me. But whatever. I couldn't care about what she put on my nails any less. Why not find a design?
"Sure..?" I retorted.
Annabeth grinned. Her teeth seemed to sparkle. "I'll go grab your laptop!"
Annabeth placed the bottle of nail polish on the vanity table and went to retrieve my laptop. My eyes widened in terror as a deadly daydream of Annabeth getting her hands all over my laptop flashed before my eyes. I tried my ABSOLUTE hardest to keep back a wail from escaping my throat.
Annabeth set the laptop down and searched online for a celebrity-inspired nail design.
I sat back on the vanity stool and sighed.
Annabeth let out a girly squeal that sounded a bit like a chipmunk. "Eeep, that's it! The design we should use!"
She pointed to a picture of zebra stripes over olive green polish on Lady GaGa's nails.
I nodded. "Sure."
Annabeth leaned towards my nails with the bottle of nail polish that I desired.
She brushed the paint over my nails with ease. Just as she was going to cover my thumbnail with the olive green gunk, the bottle tipped out of her hands and splashed ALL OVER MY LAPTOP!
I stood up in horror and watched as the nail polish leaked over my keyboard and screen. It sunk between my keys and stuck them together. It covered my speakers.
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed.

"Ooops." Annabeth faked a frown.

I reached my hand out and slapped her in the face.

-Sonali

3 comments:

  1. What a waste of olive green nail polish. >.<

    But thank god you gave her what she deserved--a slap in the face. But if I were you, I would have given her more severe....like, oh, I dunno, a punch in the stomach?

    She better not lay a hand on my Sonny Beth again.... D:<

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, Sonny, you are to calm. If I were you, I would've given her that smaack in the face way before. I wouldn't even talk to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNABETH DID THAT ON PURPOSE YOU SHOULD OF DONE MORE! you are too nice!

    :)

    ~beckie~

    ReplyDelete