Sunday, May 15, 2011

Freak Out

I gulped. Kirsten and I sat facing each other, yet feet apart. The living room was eerily quiet.

"So?" Kirsten barked, her lips set in a tight line.
"Annabeth did-- EVERYTHING. Everything a teenage girl is capable of, and even more!" I began speaking with a calm tone, but halfway through the sentence I started to yell.
"Hush." Kirsten narrowed her eyes. "How am I supposed to believe that? Explain."
I quickly stifled a laugh as I realized how much Kirsten sounded like a homework question from one of my school textbooks.
"Don't you dare laugh. I'm waiting." Kirsten continued, tapping her foot.
I took a deep breath, and then began.
"It kindof started when I joined public school. Annabeth was my friend. She was nice, and kind.. She was all of the stuff that you expect a best friend to be, y'know?" I told Kirsten, "But then the mean texts started coming. The blackmail. The hate. It really hurt. Annabeth was a bully. And there's this guy.." My voice faltered over the mention of Peter. How was I supposed to tell Kirsten? But I went on to tell Kirsten everything-- how Annabeth dated Peter, and he never really liked her. How Annabeth gave me the fake Valentine, how she "spilled" nail polish on my laptop, and also how she was about to beat up two of our sisters. Kirsten gazed at me, rapt. My hands shook. Once I had finished speaking, I stood up and marched silently to my bedroom. The kind, green walls of my bedroom had never looked so great. My Glee poster on the door was a sight for sore eyes. Walking across the room, I reached out to turn on my iPod Dock and the energy-filled beats of Freak Out by Avril Lavigne filled the air. I shuffled around the floor, trying to dance. "Freak out!" I yelled gleefully, waving my hands in the air.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my pocket.
I flipped it open and smiled at the sight of a New Message from Peter.
"Incoming call :-)", the text read.
Almost as soon as I had finished reading, the phone rang. I picked it up and said hello. It was Peter. My heart started to beat ten times faster.

"Hey!" Peter said. I could almost see him smiling in my mind.
"Whats up?" I answered cheerfully.
"Wait, but first-- What about Annabeth?" He questioned.
I paused for a minute.
Memories of Annabeth's tauntings whirled through my mind as quickly as microseconds. I breathed in and smiled.


"Annabeth is just great." I laughed, with a heavy dose of sarcasm.
Peter laughed back.
Everrrrrrything is just, great.

-Sonali

2 comments:

  1. Yay!

    So....Annabeth is...done for?

    YAY!!!!

    Sonny, I'm so glad that you told Kirsten the truth about Annabeth. I'm just curious as to what will happen next....

    Love,

    ~Bethie~

    ReplyDelete