Sunday, May 1, 2011

All Falls Down

Annabeth's house was deathly silent.
I sat in an olive green chair in the middle of the living room. The big clock on the wall slowly ticked -- honestly, it was starting to freak me out.
My cellphone started vibrating violently from my jeans pocket. I pulled it out and pressed "Ok". Suddenly, my ear was blasted off by the sound of Kirsten yelling in my ear. Not literally.
"SONALI BETH LYNNE MATTHEWS!" Kirsten's voice pounded from the cellphone reciever.
"Yeah?" I tried to stay calm. But truly, I was just trying not to cry.
"You PUNCHED Annabeth in the FACE?" Kirsten asked.
"Yeah.." I went quiet.
"SONALI BETH LYNNE MATTHEWS!" Kirsten repeated herself.
"You said that already." I sounded like a mouse.
"I DON'T CARE!!!"
At this point I had to hold the reciever away from my ear. I feared for my eardrums.
I took a deep breath. "Kirsten, it was her fault."
Kirsten paused. I waited in silence for her dreaded reply.
"...IT WAS HER FAULT?! You're coming home right now." Kirsten screamed.
My mouth dropped open in shock. Half of me was happy, and then another half of me was sad that I never got proper revenge on Annabeth.
Kirsten hung up.


She appeared at Annabeth's doorstep five minutes later.
"You have a lot to explain to me, missy." She yelled, dragging me by my hair out the door.

-Sonali

3 comments:

  1. You need to tell Kirsten the truth! Stop making things up for the sake of Annabeth! She needs to get exactly what she deserves! *spaz*

    ~Beth~
    P.S.- Don't be a stranger to my new home, the window is always open </3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, TELL HER WHAT SHE'S BEEN DOING!!!!! Jeez.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell kirsten that annabeth destroyed your laptop with nailpolish (you could show her the evidence if needed) on purpose and she was asking for it. you could also tell kirsten that annabeth acused you of taking YOUR boyfriend!! if she doesn't believe you just tell her the truth and that annabeth has always been mean to you. like bethie said tell her the truth! stop making things up for her sake! she does need to get what she deserves!

    ReplyDelete