Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Not In The Mood

"Hey, Sonali. Why so quiet Sonali? Huh, huh?" Kit poked me relentlessly as I sat on the couch, unmoving.
"Go away, Kit." I said, my voice steely and cold.
"Why so quiet, Sonny Seas?" Kit prodded.
I bet she didn't even realize what she was doing.
"I said, GO AWAY!" I finally turned and blasted her in the face with my scream.
She shrunk back and silently hopped off the couch. I felt bad immediately.

Kirsten looked up at me from her needlepoint across the room and gave me a sad, sympathetic look. I knew that look. I'd seen it given to me many times, over and over, from everyone.
It was a I'm-sorry-you-have-depression-problems look. I hated it.

My phone vibrated.
It was from Annabeth.
"We're having a Glee Club meeting at 5 - don't come, for my sake. -Annabeth" It said.

I looked at the phone for 10 seconds, my eyes blank.
Then I set it down on the sidetable.
Stood up.
And left.

-Sonali

No comments:

Post a Comment