Saturday, February 12, 2011

All My Life I've Been Good, But Now..


I'm thinking what the hell?
All I want is to mess, around.
And I don't really care about,
if you love me,
if you hate me,
you can save me, baby baby.
All my life I've been good, but now..
Whaaat what the hell?


I danced around the room, blasting the Avril Lavigne from the iPod Dock. I was in the "zone". Nothing could touch me as I floated around the room, rocking out to the rebellious beat of the song. Yes, yes I was still in a good mood from Peter's peck on MY cheek. And I had been even happier to wake up and find that it hadn't been a dream. EEP. Of course, I knew that soon Annabeth would figure out some insane way to get me back. And yeah, in the back of my mind, I was a little scared of the things Annabeth could do. She had power. But oh well. It was Saturday, and for now, I didn't give a care.

My phone ruined the good vibe as it vibrated from my bedside table. Curious, I leaped over to snatch my phone and saw that Annabeth had texted me. "Can't wait to see what she has planned for me..",I thought out loud.
I opened the message, only to read:

Heey Sonny Boo. U might want to check out what ur little sisters Chrissa and Erin are up 2. Rite now, they're hanging w/ me. & trust me, we're having some... fun.
Love, Annabeth.

My mind whirled. UGH, that stupid Annabeth!
I raced downstairs. "WHERE'S CHRISSA AND ERIN?!" I yelled like it was the end of the world.
Kirsten looked up, shocked. "Sonny! Hush!" She shunned.
I didn't even feel ashamed. "WHERE are they?!" I asked again.
Kirsten's eyebrows furrowed. "Um, I haven't seen them since they left for Saturday detention.." She said.
I threw my palm to my face. Of course, they had Saturday detention. I had forgotten how Erin had gotten in trouble with one of the teachers, and Chrissa had obviously stood up to Erin's rescue -- therefore getting them both in the doghouse. But didn't Annabeth get Saturday detention, too, for trying to beat me up yesterday after school in the hallway? Oh my god, yes she did. Did that mean that ...?
I didn't even have time to think as I threw my coat on and rushed out the door. The last thing I heard was Kirsten yelling after me as I flew through the street and ran all the way to the school, which was luckily nearby.
I pushed open the heavy front doors of the school, and practically slid through the hallways until I found the entrance to the school's "backwoods". This was where all the older kids fled out to during lunchtime to walk around the school and the forests behind it. I knew Annabeth too well. She obviously brought Erin and Chrissa here.
Rounding a corner, I found Erin and Chrissa pinned up against the brick wall of the school. Annabeth was cornering them. Chrissa looked pale as a ghost, and Erin looked defiant and furious that she couldn't be tough enough to defend Chrissa. Sadly, even feisty Erin was frightened of Annabeth.

"HEY! Stop it!" I cried, running to the three girls plus Annabeth's followers.
Annabeth turned to me slowly, and a smirk spread on her face. "I knew you'd come, dear, dear Sonali." She was now facing me front-on, and shoved me with one arm.
My face formed a tight-set frown as I realized that I had fallen into Annabeth's trap. She had me right where she wanted me.

Erin and Chrissa looked straight at me from the brick wall, terrified. I cringed. Annabeth and her followers were now cornering me, and as they left Erin and Chrissa alone, I waved hand signals at my scared sisters to get them to leave. If anyone was going to be beaten up, it should be me. This was my mess, anyways.
Erin and Chrissa did leave, surprisingly. I thought it would have been harder to get them to go. Inside, I was a little hurt that they would have left without second thoughts. I pushed away the hurt feelings quickly, so that I could deal with stupid Annabeth.

"So hows it been going, Sonny girl?" Annabeth prodded. "Have you and Peter been having good times making out?" She squinted against the afternoon sun.
I smirked. "Actually, yes. He's such a good kisser." I lied, just to make Annabeth pissed off.
Annabeth saw through my lie. Crap, I was such a bad liar.
"Wow, Sonny. That was real risky of you to say." Annabeth's voice sounded like vocal poison. Vulgar and sour.

Annabeth and her measly followers blocked out the sun from my eyes as they backed me up against the brick wall, where Erin and Chrissa had been.
Oh god.., I thought. This was the end.

Annabeth raised her fist and I was just about to close my eyes when I caught a glimpse of Erin and Chrissa running back around to where we all stood. But Erin and Chrissa had brought someone with them. And this visitor was not a teacher, no. Nor was it the principal, or even any of our sisters.

This visitor was Peter, come to save the day.

TO BE CONTINUED

4 comments:

  1. If someone as insignificant as ANNABETH lays a hand on my Sonny Beth, she'll wake up IN THE HOSPITAL breathing through a tube with more bruises on her then there are stars in this galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that Annabeth had the guts and the nerve and the absolute stupidity to do that.

    Oh, wait. I actually can.

    But she's going to pay for it. Dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annabeth is SO toast! I'm gettin' nervous just thinkin' about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA! That's what you get Annabeth. Good job girls! BRING PETER!

    ReplyDelete