Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Proactive Is Not For Annabeth

Kit slid down the banister, yelling "PAJAMAS INSIDE OUT! SPOONS UNDER PILLOWS!".
I sighed, and obeyed Kit, placing a spoon under my pillow, up in the safety and comfort of the room I shared with Kirsten. My blue fleece pajamas had already been turned inside out before I put them on.
Flopping down on my bed, I brushed my tangled blackbrown strands of hair. The whole family was practically on their knees begging for a snow day tomorrow. Sure, I wanted a snow day. But I wasn't in an amazing mood.
Earlier that day, the Glee Club had insanely decided to make us WRITE our own SONGS. Sure, I could write a blog, I could write stories, but I couldn't write my own SONG. I'm better at listening to them. Actually, its my favorite sport.

What in the world was I supposed to write a *song* about? Pft.

Rolling over on my fluffy pillows, I felt a pen nudge me in the back. Looking up from the fluff of pillow on my bed, I found Erin poking me. With a pen. Joy..
"What is it, Erin?" I huffed. Lately, Erin came to me with the most random stuff. She can't find the pickles, she needs new music to listen to, she wants to draw a portrait of me, she needs more paint to spray her jeans with.. Why can't she just ask Chrissa? -.-

"Um.. I was just wondering if you wanted to watch some TV with me." She fidgeted.
Suddenly my eyes softened. "Of course, Erin." I jumped up, clothed in my comfy blue fleece PJs.
Erin and I hopped downstairs to the TV. She flipped it on and I slumped down onto the leather couch. Erin turned on What Not To Wear and I groaned.
"You can watch what you want next!" She bargained.
"Fine." My voice came muffled from behind the couch pillow.
The commercials appeared on the screen - the first commercial being for skincare. I did NOT need any more reason to be moping over my skin problems.
I was just about to grab a bowl of popcorn and my favorite blanket when Erin called me back to the TV.
"SONNY! Sonny! Come back and LOOOOK!" She flailed, throwing her hands around in the air, therefore dropping the remote over her toe and yelping in pain.
I rushed back to see Annabeth standing on the screen, holding the skincare product in her hand.
"My skin used to be terrible.. People would make fun of me for it." The Annabeth on the screen frowned, and a fake photo of Annabeth with facial acne appeared on the screen.
I dropped everything in my hands and gaped.
"But now, I walk into a room and everyone just praises me.. It feels amazing. All thanks to proactive!" She exclaimed, and the ad started to fade out.

"Well at least we know that Proactive is fake." Erin shrugged, picking the remote back up off of her socked foot.
"Yeah.." I mumbled, mind going blank.

I ran upstairs, with only one intention.
"Sonnnnyyy! Where are you going?" Erin cried from the couches.

I knew what I had to do. I had to write that song.


-Sonny

2 comments:

  1. I always KNEW that girl on the Proactive commercials looked familiar! And that just seals it that Annabeth is a plastic freak.

    You'll be a GREAT songwriter, Sonny. One day, I'm gonna be waving a lighter in the air while I sway back and forth with a crowd of rabid fans, all dancing to YOUR song. :D

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just further proves that Hollywood is a sick, sadistic liar of a place that deserves to burn and burn and burn in all the fires that ever existed.

    Annabeth is plastic, but she won't be having fun anytime soon if my fist has anything to do with it.

    And you will be an amazing songwriter, Sonali. Better than Taylor Swift. ♥

    ReplyDelete