Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Post-Valentines Trauma

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST

Peter rushed up to Annabeth. "Annabeth, lay off!" Peter shouted.
I couldn't even speak. I tilted my head in a lovingly daze and looked at Peter. Was he sparkling, or was it just me? All I could think about was how cute he looked as he protected me from the monster Annabeth.
Annabeth painted a grimace on her face. "No, Peter. She deserves it, the little scumbag." Annabeth then raised her fist once again - and I didn't even notice.
Peter caught Annabeth's fist before it hit my face.
"No. Not this time." Peter's voice was firm and determined.
I nearly fainted then and there.
Annabeth hmmped. "Fine, Peter. This time, you win. But just you wait." She snapped her fingers, and immediately her scrawny followers hurried behind her like puppydogs as she left.
Peter lifted the stray strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. We looked at each other for a moment and he smiled.
"So, I guess I saved you, eh?" Peter chuckled.
I tried my hardest to speak. "Naahh." I smirked. Little did Peter know, I was weak in the knees. I prayed to the good lord that my legs wouldn't give out.
Peter smiled ear to ear.
"Well, I have a french test to study for. See ya round." He took one last glance at me before running off.
I slid down the wall to the ground and laid my head against my knees in happiness. Yes, yes, YES.

THE NEXT DAY

I waltzed into school like a happy princess in a fairytale. Opening my locker with shaky (and happy) hands, I threw my shoulder bag on the hook and gathered my books for the morning classes.
Annabeth strutted her way towards my locker. I rolled my eyes and turned to greet her.
"What do you want, Annabeth?" I cringed.
Annabeth laughed cruelly. "Oh, nothing, Matthews." She looked at her nails. "I was just here to give you this Valentine from Peter.." She tried to sound bored.
My face perked up in delight. I glanced over at Peter and he turned from his locker to shyly smile at me.
"Really? Thanks!" I sounded surprisingly genuine.
Annabeth smiled sourly. No wonder, I stole her boyfriend, after all.. "No problem." She practically flung the Valentine at me and I ripped it open.
My eyes softened in disappointment as I discovered that the Valentine was just a mere piece of pink construction paper, ripped off hastily and written on in a hurried manner. It was a really horrible Valentines card, and it hurt to see that he spent so little time on it. I'm not very picky, but I do not like when people rush on me.

Trying as hard as I could to maintain my cool, I stashed the awful card in my locker and shut the locker door as fast as I could. Swiftly, I rushed to class. I didn't want to see Peter.


-Sonali

P.S. I only got three other Valentines. One huge one from Erin (very sweet), a signed Valentine from Bethie and all of her sisters, and one from Bridget.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sonny, I bet Annabeth switched it out. Peter couldn't have done that. He seemed to care so much about you and why would he give it to Annabeth after what she did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter probably made you a beautiful Valentine's card; complete with glitter and lace and all that shmuck. Once Annabeth got her hands on it--poof! It probably turned into the sickly piece of construction paper due to her lack of kindness. xD

    But seriously, Annabeth probably took Peter's real Valentine, and switched it out with the pink construction paper.

    ANNABETH IS A YUCKY PIECE OF MUSH.

    >:(

    There's a lot worse things that I could call her, but I'll tell y'all in an e-mail...

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on! Did ya really think Peter would give ya somethin' so crappy? I think Annabeth wanted ya to think that way. She is sucha brat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some day now or then, sneak a glance at one of Annabeth's binders.

    Why do I get the feeling that her handwriting will mysteriously match that of the thoughtless Valentine?

    ReplyDelete