Sunday, February 27, 2011

I'm overboard, and I need your love.

Peter rushed after me. "But, Sonny! I swear to god, I didn't send that Valentine!"
I swiped the stray hair out of my face as I speed-walked out of the Glee room after practice.
"You don't have to apologize for your carelessness, Peter. It's natural." I retorted, my voice surprisingly icy cold. I winced at the sound of it.
Before I hurried out of the door, I turned my head for a quick glimpse.
Peter was bowed down.
Something pulled at my heart, deep down. But I pushed it away and tried to feel good that Peter was feeling pain, just like I did for so many years.

Boys are worthless.

I then literally ran home, books flapping in my arms and eyes watering against the wind. Or was it really the wind?
My skirt clung to my thighs. I sniffled against the cold and slammed closed the front door of my warm house behind me.
I flung myself at the couch and rolled my head back. Looking up at the ceiling, lyrics swam around in my messy head. How did this happen? Oh, right, the Valentine. The 'carelessness'. Ew.

2 comments:

  1. Sonali! Annabeth tricked you! Hello! Is it just me, or is Sonali being naive? You know that Annabeth would ANYthing to get what she wants! So why are you letting her get the best of you? Talk to Peter and tell him that Annabeth gave it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SONALI, it was Annabeth. Why do you think she was so happy to give it to you/

    ReplyDelete