Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to me?

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I trudged downstairs for another routinely school day. I was stepping into the kitchen room as the lights flicked on. As soon as I scowled at the sudden brightness, everyone jumped out and screamed- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SONNY!!!"

Oh, gosh. I'd forgotten my own birthday. I brushed my fingers through my hair and let go of a sigh. It was the 13th of December.

Erin ran up and gave me a death-clenching hug. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!!!!" She cried. "YOU'RE FINALLY A TEEEENNNAAAGERRRR!" Erin winked.
I smiled weakly. "Thanks, Erin." I hugged her back with all the joy I could muster. I wasn't really in a birthday-mood.

After a dull breakfast of pancakes and smoothies, I trudged back upstairs to get dressed for the day. I knew I was disappointing my whole family with my rotten mood - but there was just nothing I could do about it. But when I got up to my room, I found that Erin had turned on my laptop and left it running. "ER-IN!" I huffed, and hurried to turn it off. But when I pressed the keyboard to turn off the screensaver, a screen flashed up. I jumped back in surprise. There on the webcam, was Bethie and Gracelynne, giggling!
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTESTESTESTTT FRIEND IN THE WORLDDDDD!" Bethie screamed.
Grace smiled. "YEAH, WHAT SHE SAID!" She echoed.
Was I just imagining it, or did Bethie turn to Grace and shoot her a .. look?
I shrugged it off, and paid all my attention to the two girls on the screen.
"Hey, Bethie!" I grinned. "And hey, Gracie!" I smiled.
"ITS ALSO TAYLOR SWIFT'S BIRTHDAY!" Grace screamed, getting up and running in a circle or two before sitting back down in her computer chair.
Bethie rolled her eyes and looked back at me. She grinned, ear to ear. "So hows your birthday morning going?" She asked.
"Ehhhh.." I shrugged. "My sisters are trying."
Bethie's smile turned into a frown. "TRYING?! Of course there trying. Be appreciative." She snapped.
I laughed. "Alright, Cap'in Beth!"
Bethie and Grace laughed.
"Well, we gotta go and sleep a few more hours. Its only 5 AM here!" They giggled.
I felt bad. "Awww, I woke you guys up?! I'm so sorry! You need ALL your energy for Glee club. GO TO SLEEEP!" I bellowed.
They smiled and said, "It was worth it" in unison.
Then the screen went blank and I was alone all again.


At school Peter had made me a birthday card and stuffed it in my locker. After my... "fantasy" dream about Peter the other night, I was too embarrassed to talk to him. I know, I know, he probably doesn't even know I HAD that dream, but.. what if he had magical powers like, like.. Edward Cullen?! What if he could see my thoughts -- EVEN while I sleep?! I shivered with anxiety. You could never be sure.

The whole day was pretty dull. I got serenaded by Bridget & even Annabeth, but she was with Peter, and Peter led the song.

There was no Glee Club today.

I had cupcakes for supper.


Peace..
-Sonali

4 comments:

  1. SONALI! Aren't you happy? You should be happy. You're a teenager! Now we can go into PG-13 movies together without being questioned for our age!! WOOP WOOP!

    I love you SO much and I am SOO happy for you!

    Happy birthday to the bestest friend that a blonde french horn player could ever ask for, despite the fact that I don't know how you could like me,

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy, happy, birthday Sonny! You are going to have the most fun being 13 (I should know).

    And like what Bethie said, you can go to PG-13 movies without them questioning your age. ;)

    Untouchable Forever,
    Charlotte

    PS- IT'S ALSO TAYLOR SWIFT'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!! SHE TURNS 21!!!!! AHHHHH!!!! :DDDDD You have the best birthday ever. :P

    ReplyDelete