Friday, December 10, 2010

Step Right Up, and Pick Your Partner

I slowly walked into Glee Club. Ms. Pike hadn't arrived yet. Everyone was sitting about the classroom, chatting. Bridget was watching Glee - A Very Merry Christmas on her iPod, Peter was showing Scott how to play the baritone, and Annabeth and her clique of girls were sitting around squealing and giggling. For once, I didn't want to be in Glee Club.

I took a seat on the farthest side of the classroom. Peter looked up from his baritone business to see me moping, twiddling with my thumbs.
"Sonnyyyyy!" He bellowed. "Why are thou sitting so lonely over there?" He called as he raced up to my chair.
I shrugged, containing my laugh. "I dunno."
Peter frowned. "Awwww, come on! Don't be so sad. Christmas is only in 15 days!" He reminded me.
I sighed. "I know, I know. Fine." I got up and walked down to the piano with him.

Ms. Pike had arrived and we all gathered around the piano. She had placed a mini Christmas tree on top of the ebony black piano top. She looked around at us and smiled. We all knew what she was about to say.

"....CHRISTMAS DUETS! Step right here, right up here, to pick your fantabulous partners name out of the hat! Right here, right here!" She cried. Everyone laughed but me. Peter pushed me forward.
"Well, looky here Sonny, come forward to pick her partner? Alright!" Ms. Pike crowed in her gamebooth voice.
I smiled. I shoved my hand into the black hat decorated with Christmas ribbon and pulled out a name. Peter, Peter, Peter, please be Peter, my mind prayed. But when I opened the folded little name on a scrawny piece of paper, it read 'Annabeth'.

"Ughh.." I accidentally said out loud.
Ms. Pike looked up from her task of letting Scott pick from the hat. "Whats wrong, Sonny?" She looked concerned.
I shook away my disappointed facial expression. "Uh, nothing.. just.. I just don't want to wait any longer for Christmas!" I urged a smile.
"That's the spirit!" Ms. Pike grinned ear-to-ear.

-Sonali

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh. This is not good.... :( You do know that if I were in Canada right now, Annabeth would have gone mysteriously missing.

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabeth is [one of] the biggest jerks I [mutually] know. She's obnoxious and doesn't deserve to be partners with the amazing Sonny. Drown in a lake Annabeth, drown in a lake. :P

    Untouchable Forever,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete