Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Like Everything About Christmas- Kindof.



The clock striked 11:12. I cursed in my mind. I missed 11:11 AGAIN! I needed someone like Gracelynne to hang around and remind me of these types of things.

I gazed around the room at the hanging pine boughs and dried cranberries and pinecones sprinkled with glitter. Thinking of Gracelynne brought me to the thoughts of Christmas- and yet another Christmas without Bethie. 'Can you believe its been almost a year?' I thought.

A hole in my heart opened up as I thought about Bethie. I love that girl. I just wish I could spend a Christmas with her. Maybe just ONE SINGLE CHRISTMAS? Please god?

I huffed and walked around in circles. Everything was dark in the living room but the Christmas lights draped around the mantle and almost every bare part of the room. Everyone was in bed but me. I wasn't sleepy. My phone vibrated. It was Erin. I laughed, imagining her lying in her bed upstairs, texting under the covers.

Fr. Erin Is The Best :)

COME BACK UPSTAIRS!! i think the ghost of christmas past is coming to get me.. SAVE MEEEEE!!


'Thats exactly what Bethie would say.' I thought, again ruining my good mood.

I like everything about Christmas.

Except for being away from my bestfriend.

-Sonali

2 comments:

  1. Everything you said in this post is true. The pretty lights, the trees, the giving, the snow, and the lovely food.

    Another lonely Christmas in store for the both of us, eh?

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete