Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Sights (and not the good type)

Grace looked around, satisfied. We sat, frozen, as if time stopped, until Grace's steps faded and no one was around.

Suddenly the room was full of movement.

"Get me off of this STUPID SHELF!" Erin was wiggling around, trying to get a better measure of the length between the shelf to the floor. I sighed. Kit looked sorry not to be living by the candy cabinet anymore. As for Ruthie and Chrissa, I just think they were sad.

"... AND ERIN DOES NOT LIKE WHITE FIBERBOARD!" Erin was finishing.
I looked at her, wondering what she had been talking about.
She stuck out her tongue and glanced down.

".. Holy rubber ducks." She blew a whistle.
I joined her and looked down from the shelf edge.
"Oh my god."

The sight was horrific. We were on a shelf, the top shelf (which I guess is a bonus, since we had started off on the bottom one, but Grace couldn't see our "pretty faces" so she moved us up to the top). The TOP SHELF. Thats a long way down. How were we going to get down to do all our nightly stuff while Grace was asleep? Daaang.
Kirsten, Julia, Elizabeth & Felicity were all chillaxing in the doll furniture, which had been reduced to the huge three-in-one bed, Kirsten's bed, and Kit's desk and chair. It had all been moved to where Grace's old desk had been, and now a desk was located where our ROOM was. Our DOLL ROOM. The desk was made of white fiberboard - which I guess explains what Erin was talking about. It was 4 organizational cubes put together to form two sides. Plus a top. Boom bam, and there's a desk.

Naturally, the newest 5 dolls got put on the shelf, and oldest 4 dolls are with the mini doll room. Eventually we'll switch, and then again, and so on and on.

I'm not feeling happy.

-Sonali

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Sonali! I have to put my dolls in a small space, I feel terrible because there's only 2 beds! Well, one is trundle though... but, 2 beds! I'm sure Grace kind of feels like making space in her room. Well, maybe. That's what I felt. I hope you won't fall off the shelf! :O Good luck up there! ;)

    -Lexii

    ReplyDelete