Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Rather Sour Idea Of Shopping



"Oooh, SONNY, you just HAVE to try on THIS pair!" Ruthie picked up yet another pair of jeans and threw it to me, just for it to land splat on my face. Without noticing, Ruthie chattered on: "And this shirt!" She threw it at me without turning around. It fell onto my outstretched arm.

I sighed slowly as I carefully picked the pair of jeans off of my head and the shirt off of my arm. The jeans were faded to a level of extreme, and the pockets were made to look hand stitched. They reminded me of Taylor Swift. With Gracelynne in mind, I walked to the change rooms and tried them on.

As I slipped my legs into the pants of the jeans, I imagined Gracelynne opening her mouth in shock "oh-mi-gosh" as she saw the jeans, then running and ripping them out of the hands of whoever was holding them, and making a mad dash for the changerooms, pushing aside anybody who was waiting.

I realized that I was standing there in the change room, frozen. I suddenly moved into action and pushed aside the change room door so I could show Ruthie the jeans.

She was going headfirst into a pile of shirts. I had to grab her hand and pull her away from the table of half-off clothing items.
She turned around, and realized it was me, and said, "Oh! Son-ALI! It looks AMAZING on you! You have to wear it on the first day of school."

I nodded. The jeans were very artsy, and made me give off a vibe that I knew it all. I liked them.

Ruthie went into the changeroom I had previously been using with a pile of pleated skirts and shirts.
She came out in an Aeropostale New York tee, with a flower splash design, and a plaid rocker chick skirt. I was envious of her curvy frame, with her brown curls that had the red strands that glinted in the sunlight. Her dark green high tops gave it a private-school edge.

Ruthie was a fashionista.
I was... Sonali.


I looked down at my new faded jeans, Avril Lavigne band tee, and Nikes. I doubted myself.


-Sonali

1 comment:

  1. Pfft, fashionista. I have mixed feelings towards fashion, especially the trend part, but if there's one thing I know, it's that people need their own style. Sure, an Aeropostale graphic tee is awesome, but an Avril Lavigne tee is right up there in its league. Plaid skirts are nice, yeah, but your faded jeans are artsy. Artsy and beautiful and unique. As for your Nikes... well, I'm pretty sure that if you want to run, for whatever reason, those are going to help more than high tops. Trust me. I've had experience. >.<

    As for Ruthie's prettiness, aren't you the one in AGMA? ;D

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete