Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back at school, drowned in homework I didn't do in NYC, I had to act as if nothing of the past weekend had happened.

My English teacher greeted me back with a book assignment due in 3 days and 4 sheets to study for an incompetent literary quiz. The Science idiot who they dare to call a teacher lectured me on how I did not "bring a note" for my absence on Friday. My Spanish teacher was nice on me and let me go with just one piece of paperwork that I missed - but lets just say I spent 5 hours last night working on school, and I'm not even halfway through the non-ending pile of page after page of work.

When I started school, someone should have warned me it would be more work than homeschool. Y'know, Elizabeth, you're my sister, and I wouldn't have minded if you had told me beforehand to buy notebooks and pencils, because then maybe I could have avoided the insanely crazy speech Mr. Engram gave me that made him look like a rabid rabbit..


Anywho.


Erin has let me retreat from herself & Chrissa's room of artistry and love - though Erin and I are back on our own almost-best-friends terms as before, I was happy to leave them alone to endure their friendship. Kirsten invited me to stay with her in her room. I gladly accepted, as Kirsten's room was always a room of peace and serenity, and somehow she always had a fire crackling in the tini mini-fridge size woodstove, and always had a patchwork blanket to cover me.
Kirsten & I can sit for hours and talk about all sorts of odd subjects. Being homesick, buying patterns for outfits, the way to carve our pumpkins this year, even discussing plans for the Laura Ingalls Wilder custom doll. After chatting together for a while, Kirsten will probably remember about her roast pork she stuck in the oven an hour before, then cry, "Ah herregud!" in her Swedish accent and run off.


Oh my, I should go. I totally forgot I have an English assignment due in three days...
-Sonali


P.S. "Ah herregud!" means "oh my goodness!" in Swedish. I kindly and POLITELY asked Kirsten, just to inform you guys. Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh....

    I hate schoolwork just as much as ytou, Sonny. And I'm glad you're out of Erin and Chrissa's room. Something tells me that you and Kirsten will have a great time together :)

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete