Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oops, did I forget to mention...

Sectionals are this weekend..?
Sorry if I forgot to mention that to you all..

I'm an endless ball of nerves. Annabeth's at her worst, I saw Peter practicing with her the other day - not to forget the awful smirk she gave me when she turned around and saw me watching.


Our song selections are provided, we have our costumes, transportation, and all the spotlights are put in place. We're flying to New York tonight, and tomorrow afternoon we shall.. perform. Maybe win? I have no idea.

The competitors are a club from Ohio, and some club from.. what was it? Louisiana? Oh well. I keep thinking of Bethie, I keep imagining her being there for me, right in the front row. It doesn't help that one of the competing Glee Clubs is from OHIO.. gosh.


I thought and thought as I packed shirt after pair of pants after hat mindlessly into the purple travel suitcase. I shook my brain a little bit and snapped out of it. Looking down at my suitcase' contents, I realized I had packed my old shirt from when I was young, with Bitty Bear on it. Oops, I thought, quickly taking the shirt from the suitcase. I stopped stock still while trying to stuff it in a box underneath my bed. The toiled and teared sleeve corner of the T-shirt had a little doodle of permanent marker. "Beth + Sunali" it said, written clumsily with a shaky heart circled around the words. I rubbed away a tear as I remembered how Beth and I had no idea how to spell either of our names when we were younger.

I stuffed the T-shirt even further than intended underneath my bed, then kept packing.


-Sonali

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at Sectionals, Sonali! I hope your glee club wins first place! :D

    -Claire

    ReplyDelete