Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

For shoppers of procrastination, our costume shopping is always done the day before Halloween. And thats the way I like it.
"Oooh! Oooh! You could go as a fairy, Sonny!" Erin galloped down one of the foot-dirtied aisles and pulled a costume from the squeaky rack. It had a pink and green bodice with outrageous orange wings and a tiara with mouse ears.
"Um, no." I said and kept walking.
Erin came back and caught up with me. With Erin on my left and Kirsten on my right, we continued to do our Halloween shopping.
5 costumes later, Kirsten cried, "Oh mon dieu Sonali, you must wear this!" Kirsten held up her find -- a nerd costume.
I sighed. I was tired, hungry, and I needed to find SOME sort of costume. I nodded my head wearily. I didn't care anymore.
"Yay!" Kirsten overjoyed. She ran to the Wal-Mart cashiers and paid up for it immediately. I had no idea that oversized nerd costumes ever had such a connection with Kirsten. ;)

As we were leaving the glass doors of the big department store, a fair girl with blond curls and hazel-grey eyes walked in. She had Peter on her arm. I gasped.
"C'mon Kirsten - lets go." I choked, and ran.
Kirsten and Erin raced after me through the maze of cars in the parking lot, swerving after car after car after car. I kept running until we were at the bus stop, and there I slid down to the ground and did a double-take. I choked out a few tears.
Erin finally made it to the bus stop and stopped to pant & catch her breath. Kirsten came walking behind her, with a fierce determined look upon her face.
"Sonali Beth Lynne Matthews!" She demanded. "Did I just see you run away from Annabeth and the charming man upon her shoulder?"
I hesitated for a moment, then nodded meekly.
"The shame!" Kirsten cried. "Annabeth is just the sweetest thing!"
I gulped. A moments silence commenced.

Finally, I sighed, "Yes, I guess she is. I'm sorry. Lets go."


-Sonali

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wouldn't blame you from running away from her -.-
    Anywho, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D

    So to clarify, you are going to be a nerd? xD
    Haha! My friend is gonna be a nerd(;
    (Don't get me wrong, I love those costumes! :D)
    -Lexii

    ReplyDelete