Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not The Best Thanksgiving

The Glee Club had arrived at the hotel. It was absolutely mortifying, how perfect and queen-like the hotel rooms were. It made me feel like I'm more special than I really am.. I hated that feeling.

Bridget poked and jostled with me, getting me to do mini-facials with bought packets of facemasks in our hotel bathroom, trying on sandals in a store across the street for our Sectionals costumes.. I was almost sick of it. But I kept reminding myself, "I have to do this"... for Bethie. For Bridget. For my sisters. For myself. For Annabeth.

Annabeth had taken the bed next to Bridget & I's (two people to a bed.. I know, ick). All you could hear as you could fall asleep at night was Annabeth's click-clack texting and her giggles as she read a funny reply.

Bridget jumped on me and smiled. "SONNY!" She yelled.
I fell to the floor. "What is it, Bridget?" I said as sweetly as I possibly could muster.
"We're going down to the stadium to practice!!" She said, like it was the best thing in the world.
I felt relieved. Anything to get me away from here. "Yesss! Okay!" I smiled.

A half hour later we were there, standing round, holding hands. Every girl wore a spaghetti-strap silver and gold dress, every boy wore black pants & blouse with a silver tie.
Everything was silent.
The spotlight cued on the center of our circle, in the middle of the stage.

With a BOOM the music started..
Everyone stepped into position. It was step after step of dancing, as the beginning of the song was entirely instrumental. All of a sudden the dancing stopped and Annabeth sang the first words..

"I can't help myself, I'm addicted to a life of material", Annabeth sang -


"EXCUSE ME! Excuse ME!" A blond haired girl rang into the auditorium. We all turned around and stopped singing.
"I thought this was our rehearsal time!" The girl sang out to us.

I gulped.
The girl was Bethie.


-Sonali

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! Guess what? I'm here in NY in the hotel, with my best friend and turns out Anabeth is her cousin!

    But my Best friend isn't evil like Anabeth...

    I can't wait to see you at the sectionals!

    Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. To be honest, I kind of knew this would happen.

    ReplyDelete