Sunday, July 4, 2010

70th Post Apparently Equals No Happiness

In response to a comment I got on my last blog, I'm not THAT dumb. I do know that Kristy is probably up to her old tricks, and that this might all be a fraud. But to tell you the truth... I don't even know what to believe anymore.

I was sitting in the living room watching an old re-run of Gilmore Girls with Ruthie, typical Saturday night, when Erin quietly came in and squeaked, "Can I have a word with you, Sonali?".

Ruthie and I shared a look. No one spoke that formally to their own sisters.

"Sure." I hopped off the couch and followed Erin out the door. I was trying to seem confident, but inside I was a bit jumble of nerves that just stepped in fire. This was reminding me WAY too much of the last time Erin and I had a 'talk'.



"Whats ...whats up, Erin?" I said.
Erin fiddled with her pinky finger ring. "Um.. I.." She turned abruptly so that she was looking straight at me. "I don't think you should stay friends with Bethie." She said, boldly.

I looked away, embarassed.
"W..why, Erin?" I managed to get the words out of my mouth.

Erin held my gaze, even as I looked away. "Bethie's not perfect for you, Sonali. Friendships are supposed to be easy. Fun. Not depressing, hard to see each other. And Bethie has Ruthie now, right? Whats the use of moping over a chicken once its been eaten, right?" Erin was nodding at her own words.




Erin got up. "Thats all I have to say." Then she walked calmly off, leaving me all alone on the stone steps.

1 comment:

  1. Erin what were you thinking?! Oh and Sonali, in one of Bethie's older blogs their soon to be Ruthie called them and asked if she could talk to Beth. When Ruthie did, she said mean things to Bethie. And Beth isn't the least bit interested in being the greatest friends with Ruthie, she still wants you to be her best friend. And Kristy is not up to her old tricks, in fact she is starting to be nice! And do me a favor and please call Beth and ask her to tell you everything. Don't think about it, just do it if you don't believe me.

    ReplyDelete