Monday, July 19, 2010

Sing a simple song.

I stood, facing the wall, pretending to be focusing on the multitude of Taylor Swift pictures, hiding my tears.

Erin and Bethie and Annabeth stood behind me, pacing. Bethie spun me around to face her. They all had fiery eyes, full of deadly ambition and anger. And revenge.

"Oh, sweet sweet Sonny." Bethie laughed.
Erin and Annabeth came up on each side of her, like a possy.
"You don't know what's happening, do you?" Erin giggled.
"Oh, how innocent and clueless." Annabeth snickered.

I pressed into the wall. A picture of Taylor on an escalator fluttered to the ground from its held-by-tape place on the wall.

"Heres the lowdown, sister: We don't happen to like you very much. I happened to take a liking to you back at the factory, but I must have been on drugs or something, cause you aren't the girl you used to be.." Bethie shakes her head to clear her mind. "You're obnoxious, useless," she pushed me farther back into the wall with every word, "bragging, dangerous, mean, snotty, germy, ugly, and a shame to AGMA." I cringed. "Oh, and darling? You can't sing worth a dang." Bethie sneered.

"And I guess I'm gonna come out and say this straight.." Bethie paused, and put one finger lightly on her chin. "You're not my best fr-


And I woke up.


-Sonali

No comments:

Post a Comment