Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!







Happy Easter, everyone! Today is a day of Christianity, chocolate eggs, pastel colors and the Easter Bunny. Of course, here in my home, we don't celebrate the whole christian bit, but we do take part in all the chocolatey festivities.

Emily and I hosted the party today.
It went well for the most part.
Everyone was in a good mood, and they all enjoyed their may baskets.
But when Elizabeth read her fortune, she went NUTS.

Hers said "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". She started screaming at us. She said stuff like "IS THIS SOME KIND OF SECRET WAY OF TELLING ME I'M MEAN?!" and "HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?!".
Emily started to tear up, I could see it. She had warned me about people's feelings, but I had thought it would all be in good fun. She was scared. Elizabeth kept on screaming, and then she turned to face Emily.
"This is all your fault. You think I'm a sassy little spoiled brat, don't you?! You do! But truly, you're the spoiled brat. You and your fancy little dresses, and your little tea cups with the designs, and your blue eyes!" Elizabeth's eyes and voice spewed hatred.

It must have been God that saved Emily from not running away crying, because instead Liz stomped off first. If Emily had run off it would have gone downhill from there.
When Elizabeth ran off (after a little bit of tantrum because Felicity wouldn't follow her), Emily and I were about to end the party when the girls gathered in a circle and Ruthie came forward holding two special may baskets.
"These are for you two for hosting this for us." Her eyes were tearing up and she was smiling.
I started to tear up as well, and Emily just cried happy tears.
My basket has a flower and a fortune:
"Don't give up hope."
Whats that supposed to mean?

Emily got a teddy bear in hers, for being our guest. She's not leaving yet, but she still deserves it. Her fortune was:
"The seconds that pass by will never come back. Make the most of your life. Don't fret."

Later on I found a teddy bear on my pillow...


Love,
Sonny Beth

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sonny! I'm tearing up, too! Don't give up hope? They want you to keep believing that we will meet again! You have such sweet and generous sisters!

    ~Bethie~

    ReplyDelete