Thursday, April 8, 2010

Is it just bad luck?

UGH.
I think I may have permanant bad luck with friends. As in, I cannot make new friends. This is a problem. Definitely.

Lanie - Annoyed me.
Chrissa - I turned her down countless times. Sorry, Chrissy.
Emily - Got mad at me.

The story?
I was in my room, gathering up my things and putting them where they belong. In my pile of 'things' was my plush bear from Emily. Emily came in and sat down on the bed, muttering to herself. "Whats wrong, Em?" I asked. Emily glared with so much .... so much unfriendliness that I almost ran out of the room and vomited from fear. But thank the lord I didn't. I shook and she stood up slowly and walked across the room.
"Sonali. What IS wrong, I wonder? What in the world could be wrong, when I'm living the life of luxury in someone else's home? When nobody here seems to have to do a thing to live well, or when I give someone a teddy bear and they don't even say thank you?" She shot me another look.

It hit me. The teddy bear. The generousity. The easy life. Her tough times. BOOM. It all mixed together into some unfair jumble.

Emily kept going.
"I spent all my dollie life without a faithful owner, with dogs chewing up my fingers, and living in a box with the plastic part facing the wall. THAT is how scared my owner was that I would murder her at night. Most of the time, I lived in her Mother's closet! And here you are, loved so dearly even before you were officially part of the family!"

Here, she started a nasal impression of me.
"I have 7 oh-so-sweet older sister and 1 oh-so-sweet younger sister, I just LOOOOOVE to blog and I hate my life because of some priss who lives in Ohio! Meanwhile my friend Emily's parents are dead and she isn't even loved! YAY, LETS GO DANCE!"

As terrible as she was, I have to admit that I did act that way, I guess.
But now...but now I guess a normal friendship with anyone isn't even possible.
I miss you so much, Bethie.
-Sonali

1 comment:

  1. Where is this reheaded beach ball that you'd call YOU'RE FRIEND? Why is she your friend if all she does is mock your feelings and the way you live? Sonali, you didn't act that way. Grace just treats you very well. Its not your fault or Emily's fault that her owner treats her poorly. If Emily blames all her problems on you, then SHE'S going to end up being the one without friends.

    I miss you very very much, Sonny Beth.

    ~Bethie~

    ReplyDelete