Sunday, June 6, 2010

Don't Stop Believing Pt. 2

I ran up to the list, crossing my fingers. If Erin had been enrolled in school as well, she would have been behind me hugging me for good luck.

The list was a neon pink sheet of paper with bland typewriter printing. GLEE CLUB RESULTS were printed bravely at the top. I squirmed to the front of the crowd.
I read off names... James Harty, Noah Alwoods, Ellen Sanders .... I squealed as I read Bridgette's name. But the list was almost done, and I hadn't seen my name yet. There were a few more names, and my heart was sinking as I read the very last name, almost all hope vanished.

The last name was ELIZABETH COLE, right there, staring at me, straight in the face. Elizabeth had made it, and I hadn't. How in the name of blogging did she even make it to the final auditions? She's terrible. Wait.... oh I can't lie. Elizabeth is actually an amazing singer, and I was just afraid to admit it. No wonder I didn't get in.

I slowly made the walk of doom down the hallway and out of the school. Before I knew it, my feet were walking me towards the sea. I closed my eyes and inhaled as the comforting smell of sea salt met my senses. Maybe some people hated that smell, but I thought it was soothing. I immediately sat down and felt at peace. But underneath all that calming shmuck, my brain was stirring and my insides were burning. I had wanted to be in the Glee Club so badly. I wanted a purpose. How could I ever have even thought maybe I had a destiny? That I had a PURPOSE? I'm useless. I have no talent. My eyes narrowed as I sat down in a criss-cross-applesauce position.

My mouth was forming the words to Don't Stop Believing, and a frown crossed my face as I remembered the whole Glee experience.

The only words that were on my mind all day were:

I didn't make the Glee Club.

-Sonali

3 comments:

  1. What kind of IDIOTS even run this Glee Club ANYWAY!? Obviously, they don't have a clue what talent is if they accepted Elizabeth.

    I feel awful. For my Glee Club, you didn't have to audition, if you signed up your were on.

    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! :(

    I'm sure you have a beautiful voice, Sonali. Don't worry, you WILL make it in a Glee club someday.
    I hope you make it in another, better Glee Club! If I make one, I'll automatically put you in!

    -Jess & Lexii

    p.s. I like the smell of the sea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...my...
    Sonali...I am so so so so so sorry. I know you wanted this badly...
    And don't take those Glee Club people's opinions. I'm SURE your singing is AMAZING.
    Just. Like. You.
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete