Monday, June 7, 2010

Ruthie Has Something To Say

We were all gathered in the living room, and Ruthie was staring around excitedly with a clipboard.
"The awards are this weekend!" Ruthie claimed. Everyone looked around, confused. "I am SO sorry it took so long...." Ruthie blushed. "But I finally have everything under way! If you are confused on the people you can vote for on different categories, search Sonali's blog for a post where she described all the categories."

I blushed at that part and looked at my hands. I could feel my sisters' eyes boring into my back.

"And..." Ruthie was saying. "I've thought very deeply about this, and I think Sonali should sing her own song of choice as an opening act!"

I dropped my needle. The pillow I was embroidering (with the help of Kirsten) clattered to the ground. Me? Sing? Ruthie could not have just said that... it must have been Elizabeth, but she said the wrong name. But Ruthie was nodding excitedly, pointing at ME. My mouth gaped open.
"Oh please, you'll catch flies with your mouth open like that." Elizabeth sneered, and stomped off furiously. I felt terrible, immediately my stomach filled with guilt.

But then my brain let it all soak in.
OH MY GOD, I WAS SINGING AT THE AWARDS!!!
I did a little jump of joy then skipped off to my room.

As I closed the door to my room softly so I could privately rock out to Glee songs, I heard Ruthie ending the family meeting with "Awards this Saturday! Go find your dresses, girls!"

-Sonali

2 comments:

  1. AAH! Sonny, that's BRILLIANT! I knew you'd have your chance some time! Show Elizabeth what my girl can do!

    Love,
    ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, Sonali! I bet you'll do great!
    I hope you do a post on it, I'd like to see you in a cute dress :)

    -Jess & Lexii

    ReplyDelete