Thursday, June 3, 2010

Don't Stop Believing

Y'know that reputation that Julia promised me?
Well, yeah, um... I didn't get it.

I walked down the halls. Everyone stared. And you know what? Almost everyone was white. How badly I wished as I searched for my classrooms that I was pretty. That I had white skin, maybe...? Oh, thats a waste of time. I'll never be able to have white skin and I know it.

I had 5 classes today, 3 before lunch and 2 after lunch. Science, Math, Language Arts, Spanish and Home Economics. And when no one was looking.. I inched up to the sign up sheet for the Glee Club. There were three names already- Amy Beauregard, Emilynne Peters and *gulp* Elizabeth Cole. Yes, my sister Elizabeth Cole. She already goes to school. So does Felicity, and Julia, of course. If I signed up for Glee Club I would never hear the end of it if I never got it. (and the chances of me not getting in are very great)
But then I remembered how Elizabeth rudely commented on my skin tone in her phone conversation with Kristy the other month. Anger boiled within me, and I took the pen gladly and signed Sonali Beth Matthews with a flower above the "i" in Sonali.

Auditions are tomorrow, but the auditions are for next year's Glee Club. School starts early August. I know, I know, but I was glad. I wouldn't have to wait too long. And then I would have time for the Awards! I grinned. What would I sing? A Glee song, obviously...

I came home from school still thinking about it. Bad Romance? Naw. Jessie's Girl? NO! Hmm... Vogue? No way.


But then I had it.

Don't Stop Believing.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found a song, Sonali! Don't worry, you'll make it in! :)

    -Jess & Lexii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonali, you're gonna ROCK those auditions.
    And the song choice = Brilliance. :3
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will make it in. Even if I have to come to Canada and destroy the competition. You will make it in even if I have to arrange for wild bears to come and eat their faces.

    You WILL make it in. Or else. ;)

    ~Bethie~

    ReplyDelete