Friday, June 25, 2010

This Can't Be Happening

Since I won`t be posting blogs for the next 4 or 5 days, I better update you before I go temporarily M.I.A...

Good weather doesn't last forever. This morning we woke up to gray skies, clouds covering every square inch of the sky, and - oh look its raining. What a perfect day for Grace to go to camp. All the dolls are sitting innocently, but we all know Kit has a party planned. She always does.

Grace has to bring a sit-upon, a sleeping bag, an extra blanket, a Thermarest, a hat, 5 pairs of underwear, 3 long pants, 2 long sleeve shirts, 5 T-shirts, bugspray, sunscreen, 5 pairs of socks, a bathing suit, toothpaste, toothbrush, brush, washcloth, snacks for the others, a hoodie, a warm fleece, a pillow, a book, a flashlight... UGH. The list goes on and on. And the worst part? Everything is strewn everywhere.
I was trying to get up from underneath a mound of T-shirts when Erin came over with a fierce look in her eyes.
"Hey.. Erin...Whats...Up?" I managed to squeak as the sleeping bag rolled on top of me. "Darn it..." I muttered under my breath.
"Um, can we talk? Outside?" Erin hesitated.
I laughed. "If you help me get up first."
Erin smiled dryly and helped me up. She held her hands behind her back as she hurried outside. What was bothering her?

5 minutes later we were sitting outside on a patch of grass. Erin fumbled, trying to tie two grass strands together. We were silent.
"Soooo.. Um, Nali..." Erin started.
I turned to her in interest.
"I.. I don't think Bethie.. uhh... well... Ruthie..." Erin huffed impatiently at her own words, then got up and walked away.
I sat there.
Two minutes later she came back with her very own purple laptop from Dell. She had a browser up - it was Bethie's blog.
"I..I.. I still have Bethie's blog on my computer. Go ahead, read." She said.
I stared at the screen hungrily, and in a few seconds I was deep into her latest post.

"Wha..wha..how could..." My eyes were full of hurt and my mouth was wide open.
Erin nodded meekly.
Bethie's blog was full of posts about Ruthie. How could all this happen in 3 days? The blog banner was changed to a photo of Ruthie and Bethie. The blog name changed from "Just Me Again Down Here" to "Sisterhood Of Bethie and Ruthie". The posts were full of mushy goodness about all the fun they were having.
And the worst part was, down at the bottom of the latest post, Bethie had typed the words; "I don't even know why I was so down about Sonali. Ruthie is much much better. And plus -- (I could just imagine the evil giggling here) Ruthie is right here, not in... *puke* Canada!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

WHOA. HOLD IT RIGHT THERE. Bethie is BETHIE. Not ELIZABETH. What is this crud!?

Erin was watching me, eyes full of sorrow and her mouth twisted to the side. Except it didn't seem she was so sad because Bethie had abandoned me. It seemed as if she were sorry, for some unknown bad deed she had done.

I shook my head rapidly to clear my thoughts. What was happening?

Little did I know Elizabeth was staring out of the trees from the side, an evil smirk upon her face. But alas, her eyes filled with sorrow, just like Erin's...

-Sonali

No comments:

Post a Comment