Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Eavesdropping Genius Strikes Again

I couldn't help it, okay? Lanie was on the phone, with a low voice speaking urgently to the reciever. ANYONE would have been super curious!

I picked up the other phone and rushed off to my room in a mad dash.
The minute I clicked "Talk" the silence and privacy of my room disappeared as familiar voices boomed.
"Good job, Lanie," the unknown woman on the other end was saying. "I'm impressed. Now, you have to go and break her heart again --"
"Wait," Lanie said exasperatedly. "Kristy, can't you give me a break? I feel really bad for what I did. I don't even think I.. I... I don't think I wanna do this anymore."

A bell dinged in my head. KRISTY! Now why was Lanie talking to Kristy? I gripped the phone eagerly to hear more.

Kristy sighed in frustration. "Lanie, don't you understand? Sonali needs this. She's got it all gone to her head and she needs a reality check. Remember that sulk she still has? And all that luck she has, but she's letting it go to waste? She's a mean person, Lanie. She NEEDS this."
I almost choked on the water I was drinking (I'm a multi-task master). Me?! She said my name! Oh god, she's gotta be talking about a different Sonali.
"Kristy... but Sonali's not a mean person! I know you told me to break her heart, but after a while I started liking her." Lanie sniffed.
"Don't cry, you big baby. Hold on, I'm going to dial up Emily." Kristy said in disgust.

Okay, Kristy, Lanie, and EMILY!? This is soooo not possible. Kristy does not even know Emily, how would she? Emily lives on a totally different side of the world, with no relations to Bethie's family.
I heard a click and Kristy breathing into the phone. Emily had been added into the conversation. I sighed. I usually loved the 3-way chat on our phone, but this time it was dreadful.

"Hey..." Emily sounded as timid as ever.
"Emily, look, Kristy wants us to --" Lanie started sadly.
"ZIP IT!" Kristy shunned Lanie. "Anyway, I thought we should go in for the kill and break Sonali's heart yet again." I could just HEAR Kristy smirking.
Emily gulped. "Um, I don't know, Kristy..."
Kristy screamed. "YOU GUYS ARE IMPOSSIBLE!" And I heard another click. Kristy had hung up.

"Emily... I don't think we should do it." Lanie sighed.
"But what choice do we have?!" Emily cried. "Kristy will pulverize us!"
"Bye, Emily. I have a lot to think about." Lanie hung up.
There was a bit of shallow and ragged and possibly relieved breathing after that, but finally Emily hung up, too, and I was left alone with a reciever in my hand, standing in the middle of the room, and the water glass I held fell with a clatter to the floor.

Kristy.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...Kristy just has it set in her mind that she's going to make everyone's life miserable...
    Wicked. Just wicked.
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete