Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Red Haired Sweetie Saves The Day

Knock.
I rolled over on my side and pretended I didn't hear anything.
But there it was again; knock knock.
I groaned.
I didn't want to see anybody.

When the visitor realized I wasn't going to open the door and welcome her in, she barged through then tiptoed over beside me.
"Sonali?" I heard the visitor whisper.
I rolled over on my side. "Erin?"
"Why are you here?" As glad as I was to see one of my sisters talk to me without giving me the evil eye, I was suspicious. Why would she bother talk to me when the whole house was in an outrage against me?
"I know you didn't do it. Its so obvious. You didn't forget that I'm an eavesdropper, did you?!" She joked.
I laughed. In my head I could see a vision of Erin holding the house phone up to her ear, silently giggling, while Liz kept on chattering on the other phone to Kristy the whole time without knowing. Ah, I can just see the grin on Erin's face right now.

"Well," I whispered. No one else was in the room, but the mood was right for whispering.
"What are you going to do?"


Erin paused. Obviously, she was trying to build up suspense.
Then she grinned wide and said,
"I have a plan!"

-Sonali

No comments:

Post a Comment