Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friends

Sometimes (okay, all of time) I wish I had someone who I could talk to about Bethie, and how I could live without Bethie much more easily if I had at least one person who was there for me.

Of course, I have my sisters. But none of them bother to become TOO too close to me. Most of them already have a best friend -- I came too late. Kit and Ruthie, they're one of the closest sets of sisters in my family. And then there is Liz and Lissie... they have a lot of ups and downs, but we ALL know that they are super super tight no matter what, deep deep down. They were together since the first second, after all. Kirsten keeps in contact with her, well, for lack of a more fitting word, best friends with Samantha from Bethie's family. Julia is too absorbed in cheerleading and texting to take on a friendship, and as for Chrissa or Erin...

I didn't realize Chrissa was trying to be a great friend to me. She was being a better friend than anyone else I was aiming for, and I realized that when it was too late. Now she and Erin have gone and become best friends... which remains a mystery I still have not uncovered anything about.

And then a little voice in the back of my head asks;
What about Lanie and Emily? Are you just going to give up on them like that?

I wish I wasn't giving up on them, little, innocent, sweet nasal-sounding conscience. I just don't think anybody who would give in to Kristy like that deserves a friendship at all. AT ALL. Even though my heart aches for a friend to share my depression woes with...

I need you, Bethie.
-Sonali

No comments:

Post a Comment